Encountering an issue with your phone service? We’re always ready to serve you—if the suggestions below don’t solve your problem, feel free to contact our Repairs Department in Philomath at 541-929-1212 or in Waldport at 541-563-1212. Following are a few common issues to troubleshoot and possibly fix yourself, with no waiting for a service repair.
No Dial Tone
- Use a standard non-electric phone to test your N.I.D. (Network Interface Device). Do not use a cordless phone. The N.I.D. is the plastic box on the side of your home or on the power meter pole. This connects your inside phone wires to the telephone company’s line.
- Open the box. Plug the phone into the phone jack.
- Check for dial tone. If you have no dial tone, contact our Repair Department. If you do have dial tone, your trouble is inside. Check the following items:
- Ensure all phones are hung up.
- Unplug all electronic devices (answering machines, cordless phone, modem, caller ID box, etc.), and check to hear if your dial tone returns. If so, the issue is with one of your other devices.
- Unplug all the phones in your home. Then, one at a time, plug each phone into the jack to check for dial tone. This may help identify whether one device is causing the issue.
If you find you still have no dial tone, the problem is in your wiring, a jack, or your phone. See NETPROTECT™ for more information or contact our Repairs Department.
Noisy Telephone Line
- To pinpoint where the noise in your phone line is coming from, follow the same steps under No Dial Tone If there is no noise at the N.I.D., the problem is inside the home.
- Always check with a phone at your N.I.D. See NETPROTECT™ for more information.
- You may also want to keep an inexpensive non-powered phone in the house for emergencies, since electronic (cordless) telephones will not work during a power outage. If you still have no dial tone, the problem is in your wiring, a jack, or your phone. See NETPROTECT™ for more information or call the Repairs Department.
Still encountering issues? Call Pioneer Connect Repairs in Philomath at 541-929-1212 or in Waldport at 541-563-1212.