Every year, Pioneer Connect sponsors two high school students age 16 or 17 at the time of the tour to represent our Cooperative to the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Youth Tour in Washington DC. This year’s Youth Tour is scheduled for June 1-5, Wednesday-Sunday, 2022.
This sponsorship is one of the most visible examples of Pioneer’s involvement with, and commitment to, rural youth. Each year, students from across the United States travel to Washington, D.C. for a five-day, chaperoned tour to learn about legislative and government processes and the importance of quality broadband connections.
You will: tour famous historical sites and monuments, learn what it takes to advance a community through broadband applications, meet with Federal Communications Commission and congressional staff, experience a special cultural performance, build relationships with peers that can last a lifetime, develop leadership skills and dance the night away with a Youth Tour mixer!
Sponsorship includes airfare, lodging, food, transportation and admittance to all historical sites and attractions on the tour schedule.
The Youth Tour application is an online submission only.
DEADLINE: Submit your application by March 5, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
- The applicant must be a high school student age 16 or 17 at the time of the Youth Tour
- Primary residence within Pioneer’s serving area
- Is a member or immediate relative of a participating member of Pioneer Connect
- Applicant must be under the age of 18 at the time of the tour
- All students and chaperones of the 2022 FRS Youth Tour will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, per the NTCA
Scroll down for the application
Know a student who would be interested? Let them know: