We’re proud to support our communities’ vital work
Pioneer Connect partners with The Foundation for Rural Service to identify and award Community Grants that support important projects happening in Pioneer Connect’s service area. This program assists local efforts to build and sustain high quality of life in rural America.
- Business and economic development
- Community development
- Telecommunications applications
We are accepting grant requests from $250 to $5,000. Ten percent of the total grant award comes from Pioneer Connect, which will be your sponsor when applying.
Grant proposals must contain all of the items listed below. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. The project must be located in the Pioneer serving area to be eligible for funding.
- Cover letter indicating project leader or person responsible for funds (include all contact information: address, telephone number and project leader email address).
- Organizational overview (mission of organization, your programs and major activities).
- General description of project (no more than three to five pages) that includes:
- Problem statement (Why are you doing this project? What is the need within the community?)
- Goals and objectives
- Project activities
- Target population (demographics)
- Listing of other partners in the community (if applicable)
- Estimation of project start and end dates
- Project budget and amount requested
- Listing of other funding sources for the project (include financial commitment)
- W-9 form with a tax ID number and 501c(3) certificate (if applicable).
Please note: FRS will not fund grants to the following causes:
- Scholarship programs
- International organizations
- Lobbying and political activities
- Ticketed events
- Capital campaigns
- Infrastructure/building campaigns
- Event sponsorships
- Community food programs
- Loan programs
- Religious-based activities
Application deadline is Sept. 1, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. PST.
Awards are made at the end of the year, normally around Thanksgiving.